Friday, August 18, 2006

Where's All The Mosquitos?

Looks like California has had its first West Nile Virus related death of the year yesterday. Some elderly lady in Butte County caught the bug. Luckily, it seems the virus isn't as prevalent this year as it was last year.

What I'd like to know is where's all the mosquitos in Humboldt this year? Last year they were all over the place. I know. I work outside. So far this year, I could probably count on one hand the number of mosquitos I've encountered around here.

What's with that? I figured with all the rain we had we'd end up with a bumper crop of mosquitos, but they're nowhere to be found. No, I'm not complaining. I just wonder where they all are.

Oh. If login is required for the SacBee, as always: username humboldtlib, password blogspot.

5 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Coopers Gulch at night during softball. Better have your repellent!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Cooper Gulch always has been a mosquito hole, hasn't it?

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger J. Alora said...

Good thing there's plenty of disc golfers out there now. Helps keep the wee beasties off us softball folks.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use that Avon stuff when down there. It really works!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

We've been hit hard with mosqitos this year. And it's possible that my daughter had west nile at family camp in July. She had an inexplicable fever that came and went, and apparently the vast majority of people who get it assume it's just a normal flu because that's how it acts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home