Monday, August 28, 2006

Slow News Day

I can't find much in the news to comment on today, especially since I couldn't get to the calnews.com site yet. Looks like yesterday was a slow news day, but maybe it's just me.

About the only thing that did grab my attention was word from Austin Cassidy's Third Party Watch blog that Steve Kubby, the Libertarian Party of California's gubernatorial candidate back in 1998 has thrown his hat in the ring for the LP 2008 Presidential nomination.

Oh boy, here we go again.

I didn't have much of a problem with Kubby at the time, but enough is enough. He's gotten himself into more than enough trouble, some of it due to his own big mouth, imo. Time for him to move on and find something else to do besides being a fringe candidate.

Problem is, I don't know that he ever did much other than deal with pot issues and run some online skiing magazine. What else is he going to do?

It's probably too early to be saying who will win the LP nomination in 2008, but I don't see any other possible presidential candidates from any of the other sides of the aisle I'd consider voting for at this point. If Kubby does end up winning the LP nomination (and I don't think he will), he might end up the only choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home