I'm So Proud...
of myself. I fixed it.
I mentioned earlier on how I'd upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, despite switching to Firefox as my browser of choice. Ever since I'd upgraded, I've been getting an error message when I'd boot the computer up.
I did a little searching and found it was a common problem with the IE7 upgrade. A couple different solutions were given. I gave up on one and tried one of the others: Renaming a file in my DSL software package.
I was a bit nervous about renaming files as I'm the kind of guy that often makes things worse when he tries to fix them. This turned out ok. Changed the name of the file, rebooted, and the error message was gone.
If any of you upgrade to IE7 and end up with the same problem, here's a place to start looking for the solution. If that's too complex or time consuming, let me know and I'll tell you what I did.