Sunday, January 07, 2007

AT&T Goes One Better

I'd mentioned here before how I started out with Yahoo DSL at $19.95 a month. That's the teaser deal for one year. I'd heard different figures on what the rate would be after the trial period.

I was almost shocked when the trial period ended and my phone bill was way up there. Checking my bill, it turned out the higher rate someone mentioned was indeed the regular service rate: $49.95. Yikes!

I was getting ready to either try and dicker down the price with AT&T, assuming they'd play that game, or consider switching to another service provider. Just about that time I noticed my phone bill went down. Checking it again, I could see they dropped the DSL charge to $39.99 a month. That was better, but still not all that great.

Lo and behold, today I received my phone bill and it was even lower. Checking it yet again, I see they've dropped my rate back to $19.99 a month, same as Yahoo DSL cost originally. Now that's just fine. I lOVE the competition within the telecommunications industry.

Let's just hope this isn't some kind of mistake or a one time thing for whatever reason.

4 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, what is your opinion on the apparent decline in blog hits since the TS comments section that Buhne has cited?

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The election's over. Passions have declined.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'm with 2:33. Not any real hot topics to go back and forth about. My hits haven't gone down all that much.

Seems to me they used to average between 225 to 250 a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Now they're hovering around 200ish, with weekends seeing the usual drop in hits to below that.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just switched my AT&T service from an old address to a new address.
Their "teaser rate" is down to 14.99 a year and the regular rate is 19.99. They also seemed very helpful allow me to pick and choose services and long distance price plans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home