Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm Freezing

Well, maybe not freezing, but winter and I don't get along anymore. It seems as I get older I can't handle the cold as well. The cold weather of winter, coupled with a poorly insulated house, makes for a fairly miserable time for me.

If that's not bad enough, weather.com has a weather advisory up saying the highs on Wednesday and Thursday might be ten to twenty degrees cooler than the highs today and Tuesday. Just what I needed.

I kinda wish I could find one of those cheap old pot bellied wood stoves. I used to see some for sale that might actually be small enough to fit in this house. I could probably feed that thing for next to nothing just from stuff I pick up at work.
*******
Along that line, the Sacramento Bee (username humboldtlib, password poopster) tells us that those who bought those wood pellet stoves, when they became all the rage a few years back, are hurting.

I guess wood pellets are in short supply because of the slowdown in building projects. Not only is there a shortage of wood pellets, the price has almost doubled over the last year.

Anyone out there with a wood pellet stove that can tell us if there's a problem finding wood pellets in Humboldt?

7 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred: "Not only is there a shortage of wood pellets, the price has almost doubled over the last year."
Something eeeevil at work here! Probably "gouging" by the "Big Pellet" companies. Can a class action suit be in the works?

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that pellet stoves are great, and cheap and easy to operate, even if fuel prices have risen. It is a drawback though, that they do not function in the event that your power is lost.

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have Power backup systems for computers.

I am certain that there are battery backup systems for pellet stoves.

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could get some sleet or snow showers down at sea level. Bundle up Fred!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure the cold is due to the weather and not the icy hand of Death coming to take your soul.

Silly Death, she should know by now that you sold your soul quite sometime ago.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I advise you, Fred, to do as I do.

When the chill of Winter blasts into your home, turn your attention to Politics.

Whether local, national, or international, Politics will get your blood boiling in no time at all.

Best wishes for Happiness in the New year!

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good advice. That and long underwear.
Useful for a bloggers would be a pair of mittens with the fingers cut off at the knuckle. This will keep your hands warm as you pound furiously on the keyboard. They carry them at sporting-goods stores. Keep your feet warm too, dammit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home