Thursday, April 05, 2007

IT LIVES!

Or I should say she lives.

Quite a while ago I brought up the old Humboldt Honey poster that caused such a ruckus in the county decades ago. Well, The Arcata Eye did a story on Humboldt Honey giving a history of the poster and even a link that shows some of the letters to the editor on the issue back then.

Back when we discussed it here, I mentioned someone had told me, back when I worked in Juvenile Hall, the mother of one of the kids there was the original Humboldt Honey. From what I remembered of the poster, she could well have been. But nope, it wasn't her. I guess the real model for the picture hails from Scotland and after looking at the poster for the first time in so long, it definitely wasn't that kid's mother.

And Heraldo(?) was right. I guess Picky, Picky, Picky, on E street in Eureka does still have a copy of the poster. In fact, they have reproductions for sale. I might have to go buy one. The one problem with the Eye's online article is it's hard to read the small print on the poster.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Heraldo Riviera said...

Thanks for the credit.

The article in the Eye is great. Glad they took the time to dig up some history.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home