Saturday, June 23, 2007

No More Dumping Treated Wood

The Eureka Reporter gives us the heads up this morning: Starting next month, you won't be able to take treated wood to the dump, at least temporarily. Looks like Eureka City Garbage will be the first to enforce the rule but other dumps, including Tom's Trash (where the heck is Tom's Trash?), are likely to follow.

All this because of some new regulation that takes effect on July 1 and, of course, policies need to be established to comply with the regulation. What people will do with treated lumber until the new policies are established is anyone's guess although illegal dumping is likely to increase, as the Reporter article notes.

What gets me is that, currently, treated lumber is taken to a landfill in Anderson. After the regulation takes effect and policies for disposal are established, the lumber will still be sent to Anderson but with more costly paperwork involved. Boy, that sounds like progress to me.

8 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toms Trash is in Willow Creek.
The following disposal of treated lumber procedure is for our Progressive friends only: cut pieces to lengths of 18", place in fireplace, close chimmney damper and all windows and doors, light with proper kindling. Remain in the room until all wood is burned breathing deeply.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wrap the paperwork around the treated wood in order to prevent leaching toxic chemicals. Really Fred, sometimes you just don't get it.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of illegal dumping, I pulled over to piss going up greenwood heights today. The little turnout had lots of trash just over the side of the road, so I kept going- by the time I reached the next pullout I really had to go pee bad so I jumped out of the rig, only to find trash everywhere. I took a quick leak and went to get back in my car. As I was about to drive off two cars passed, the drivers looking at me like I was there dumping trash! Anyhow It's quite a problem in this county indeed.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, you're a Libertarian on public assistance. I think that says it all.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

12:05 You're on to something all right. Fred's an oxymoron.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You last two idiots--Fred's wife will be flown to SF as soon as there's a bed available. Do you understand cancer? I have paid plenty of taxes and when it comes to helping this wonderful woman, that's the reason for medi-cal.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I pay for my medical care and I certainly can't afford an airlift. But then I was a fool to educate myself for a professional career and then work many years to achieve financial security. Guess I'm not so smart. I should have just smoked pot, mowed a few lawns, go on the public dole, and then claim I'm a Libertarian and complain about how intrusive the Government is on my life. Ever hear of death with dignity? For some, its the only dignity they will ever achieve.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rancid, Man, Rancid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home