Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Corn Based Ethanol Again

It's good to see yet another column in a local paper slamming corn based ethanol. It seems to me I saw a column somewhere in the last couple weeks by a Republican congresscritter slamming ethanol, as well. Good stuff.

What I'd like to know is what our predominant presidential candidates have to say about this. I'll admit to not paying much attention to Hillary, McCain or Obama, but have any of them addressed the issue?

I believe I read that Hillary is pretty much in with the corn based ethanol bunch. I don't know about McCain or Obama, but it would be nice to have someone come out publicly in regards how damaging this ethanol thing is going to be to everyone in the long run.

Sad thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if even McCain and Obama are all behind this ethanol thing and don't mind lining the pockets of Archer Daniels Midland, among others.

Oh well. I'll likely be voting Libertarian, anyway.


1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may actually have a candidate worth voting for, Fred. Mr. Gravel has joined the Libertarian Party, according to the news today (Thursday, March 27).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home