Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sign the vow to vote NO on Prop 8

This just in from the Libertarian Party of California:

On August 2, 2008, the Executive Committee of the Libertarian Party of
California unanimously endorsed a vote of NO on Proposition 8 (the
California Constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage). I have
been invited to join the statewide NO on 8 Campaign Committee, to
represent the Libertarian Party, and I would like for us to show that
Libertarians are overwhelmingly opposed to this Constitutional amendment.

Everybody needs to go to the Vote NO on Prop 8 web site and sign your name to the vow. I already signed it. Who's next?

9 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Tom Sebourn said...

Thanks Fred, I just signed the petition.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im with ya on this one...

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger mresquan said...

Signed it as well.Vote NO on bigotry and fearmongering.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Fred and the ACLU on the same side for this one. I hope Fred is No on 4 as well.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

My posted my positions on the upcoming ballot initiatives here not long ago:
http://humboldtlib.blogspot.com/search?q=Prop+4

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger beachcomber said...

I signed on, Fred, but I'm a little nervous now about the fate of my heterosexual marriage.....nah, it's fine.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

Thanks for supporting this, Fred.
My wife and I had a gay ceremony, just in case.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed it. I received a call about Prop 8 this morning. The man had a heavily accented voice, but I think he was asking me to support it. I told him I wouldn't be supporting it.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Well, we've heard from a number of people who signed it. How about from those who won't? Joy, Mike, Matt...care to throw in your two cents worth?

I didn't think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home