Monday, November 24, 2008

Testing Me

Radley Balko, over at The Agitator blog, brought up a civics test he recently took online. You'll need to scroll down a bit from his recent posts to find the applicable one.

Apparently, those who self- identified as "public officials" and took the test scored an average of 44%. Ouch! Not good.


The test consists of 33 questions. Balko himself got 31 out of 33 right. That's pretty good at about 94%, if I did the math right. That made me a bit nervous, though. I don't mind Radley beating me, but I don't want to end up down with the 44% bunch. How will I score?

Civics certainly isn't my forte', but I took my shot at it. I didn't think it was all that difficult. I made note of four questions I wasn't sure about. I ended up getting 27 of the 33 questions right. That comes to 82%, rounding off the numbers. Whew! At least I didn't end up with the 44% bunch.

Funny thing was, I made note of four of the questions I wasn't quite sure of. Two of them I got wrong, three others I also got wrong, although in fairness to myself I wasn't competely sure of those either but felt I chose the best answer from those available.

You can take the test here to see how well you fare. No cheating now!
************
Heraldette tells us today she's a Thinker, according to a recently discovered blog analyzer called Typealyzer. Ok.

I guess I'll take that test, too. Except it's not really a test. You just insert your blog's url and they analyze it some way or another.

They show me as one of The Mechanics:

"The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts."

"The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.".

Ok. I'll go along with at least most of it, but let's break this down:

The independent and problem-solving type...- Independent, I'd like to think, but problem- solving? Don 't know about that. More of a whiner, aren't I?

They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously...- If I'm "attuned to the demands of the moment", or whatever, that's just because I use recent news as fodder for this blog.

They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts."...-
Agreed.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life....- Not sure about the action part of that.

They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.".- I'd almost have to disagree in entirety with the idea that I enjoy risk, at least at this stage of my life. I have no desire at all to race cars and never have.

I tried Ernie Branscomb's blog and agreed with their analysis of him. Try it yourself.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Kym said...

For fun, I did Eric's blog. He got the same as Heraldo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home