Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Show and Tell

I go out my back door yesterday and what do I see parked across Trinity Street? A mid- sixties Chevy Nova. Quite a surprise to me if only because that's the same car I drove up here when I first moved to Eureka back in '73.

Except it's not quite the same as the one I had. I had a '66 Chevy Nova Super Sport. I had to take a closer look to see the difference as it's even the same color as my old car.

One difference was mine had the gear shift on the floor rather on the steering column as this one does. Mine also had, if I recall correctly, the radio antenna over the right rear fender, next to the trunk. Not sure what other differences there might be. Other than that, it's the same car.

I'm not all that much into old cars, but seeing something so similar to what I used to drive brings back some memories.

5 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

Ask them how much they want for it.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Doc Anchovy said...

That's either a '62 or '63, Hank-O. I had a '62 SS Convertible.

The vegetable shout was great! Thanks.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

And actually, the Nova SS I had was a '64. Don't know where I came up with '66 but I did a web search and found pics of both. Mine was the '64.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger samoasoftball said...

I had a 63' Nova that was fire engine red with black interior. My first car. Great memories recorded in that car. Traded it for a 61' Impala. Bad move. My Nova's new owner put a 496 in it and raced it at Samoa for years.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days, Fred, I will tell you my 1947 DeSoto story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home