Monday, March 16, 2009

Scary: I Couldn't Wake Up

An almost scary situation this morning in a dream, if you can believe it. I don't know that I'd ever had this happen before:

I finally get back to sleep this morning. It was an hour or so before wake up time. I ended up in one of my usual less than pleasant, but not really a nightmare- type dreams. The common theme in these dreams is trying to travel somewhere and not getting anywhere.

It was one of those dreams where I must actually be at least partly awake as I knew I was dreaming.

Finally, after dealing with the same stuff going on over and over again in the dream, I told myself it was getting old and I should get up and put an end to it. Problem was, I couldn't wake up. I started getting nervous and was asking people present in the dream if they knew how I could wake up. Nobody answered.

This was getting scary. What if I'm trapped in this dream forever?

Eventually, I told myself I should at least roll over on my side in bed as I often do throughout the night. When I rolled myself over, I woke up.

Whew! That was a close one.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Ah, Fred, are you awake now? Sometimes when I have a bad dream and make myself get out of bed and wash my face with cold water. It helps me feel grounded.

Blog hugs!

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe, Fred, you are "channeling" Rod Serling.

One of his "Twilight Zone" episodes featured just such a dream.

Dennis Weaver played the part of a man who endlessly repeated the trauma of undergoing a trial and execution for a murder. I saw it just last night.

Gosh! What a weird coincidence!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucid dreaming, the ability to alter one's dream state, looks like you got it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home