Thursday, May 21, 2009

Do Their Jobs?

Nice editorial in the Times- Standard this morning. They're not the only ones saying our state legislators should do their jobs and fix the budget. As I've alluded to before, that's much easier said than done, especially when the electorate has limited their options and helped send spending soaring by with boondoggle bond measures and such.

But one thing I've wondered about and don't believe I ever saw any specifics on is what the original Republican budget proposal was, earlier on, as opposed to the Democrat version. I've read that Republicans were pretty much into cutting spending and Democrats in to raising taxes, but never read specifics.

Not sure if I'd really be able to handle reading an entire budget proposal, but perhaps a summary, as Republican gubernatorial hopeful Tom Campbell has put together, would suffice. He gives a general idea of what he would do to solve the budget dilemma.

Like Richard Rider, who I was surprised to find making comments to Campbell's plan, I'm skeptical of raising the gasoline tax. Then again, I don't know what it will really take to clean this mess up and I appreciate Campbell and others at least taking the initiative themselves instead of just telling other people to do their jobs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home