Saturday, September 12, 2009

Santa Rosa Mulls End To Water Conservation

Alert: Same thing happened to me twice this morning on the SRPD web site as happened last Saturday. My browser minimized and some hack tried to get me to install their anti- virus software. Don't download their software.

This story in the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat really burns me up- at least some of the comments made on it do. It seems that some in Santa Rosa think it would be ok to end the water conservation efforts put in place to help maintain water levels in local lakes and rivers. One commentator points to this weekend's forecast of possible showers as reason to stop conserving.

How anybody can base a decision on a one- weekend weather forecast of showers is beyond me. We'll likely get little water on Sunday and Monday (although I'm hoping we get a lot) but, even if we did have a healthy rainfall over the next few days, we need to remember we had some halfway decent rainfall totals last winter and the southern counties still ended up short of water.

I suppose it's none of my business (remember: VOTE LOCAL CONTROL!) but seems to me they should at least maintain water conservation measures until we get some real rain, not a one time sprinkle. Maybe we should be doing the same thing up here?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

"How anybody can base a decision on a one- weekend weather forecast of showers is beyond me."

Indeed, it reminds me of people who go outside on a hot day and say "what's all this about global warming?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home