Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mason and The Love Boat

Off he goes on his adventure. Mason Matteoli, my nephew and Eureka's native son, left this morning for the high seas. Well, not exactly the high seas. He got himself a job as a pianist with Carnival Cruise Lines. His first performance is scheduled for tomorrow, January 17.

He flying to Florida now where he'll embark on the Carnival Valor where he's scheduled to play for three months. Then, after a month's break, he'll cruise and play on the Carnival Dream. The ships' itinerary has them visiting islands in the Caribbean.

He's started a blog, Playing The Love Boat. Not sure how soon he'll be able to start posting, or how often he'll be able to post, but he's posted a few things already. We'll keep an eye out for more.

How exciting! Sail on, sail on, sailor!

6 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger mresquan said...

Kristabel and I ran into him on the boardwalk a few weeks ago where he told us of his upcoming venture.I thought he mentioned that after his first stint,it was likely that he'd be the featured musician playing in the ship's jazz lounge,which would pay considerably better and allow him to have his own living quarters.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger "Bob" said...

Safe to assume he's Mario's brother?

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Yes, he's Mario's brother. The other brother being Jamie.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Congrats to both you and him Fred! You must be proud of him! Oh the places he will see!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Yep. I wish I'd thought of trying a job like that out when I was younger.

As an aside, just for the heck of it I checked Wikipedia to see what they had to say about The Love Boat. I was surprised to learn the movies and series were based on a nonfiction book written by a lady that was a cruise director for ten years. Amazon.com has it for sale.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I totally blew it. There's one other brother: Jordan Matteoli. Somehow I forgot him. I'm so embarrassed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home