Sunday, February 07, 2010

Another Fred's Letter

Kudos to Frederick Lee of Arcata for his nicely written letter in today's Times- Standard. In regards to all the brouhaha over the recent Supreme Court decision favoring corporate personhood, he points out that unions and other "special interest groups" contributed more to political causes than businesses. Well done.

I take it a little further than that and say all this crap about corporate personhood is just that: crap. It's simply the same thing we see from The Left time and time again: An attempt to skew the playing field in their favor just as they did with Measure T here in Eureka.

I've written before that I'm skeptical of campaign contribution limits but, if you're going to propose such limits, please at least have the decency to have them apply to all sides.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have decided to scrape crap off my computer screen whenever I find it there, just as I scrape crap off my shoe when I find it there.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanks, 3:12. It may interest you to know that hits to this blog have been increasing lately. Must be my hard- hitting commentaries, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home