Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mason's On The Love Boat Again

Eureka native son, Mason Matteoli, left yesterday morning for Florida. He'll be taking another 3 month tour with Carnival Cruise Lines as a show musician- a pianist to be more exact. Last time he was on the Carnival Valor. This time he'll be on the Carnival Dream.

Don't know if he'll update his blog any more than he did last time. He had problems with it because the shipboard internet was so slow. I suggested that this tour he write up some posts offline and then go online and send them to me. I could then take the time to post them for him. We'll see if he gives that a try.

Oh, and the ship has a different itinerary than last one. Down through the Caribbean and the Mexican Coast a bit more southward this time, if memory serves me. Should be a fun adventure.

I imagine he's probably aboard ship getting settled in to his quarters as I write this.

Addendum: I guess I was wrong. Only a few stops in the Caribbean with this ship and the ship departs from Orlando, Florida on Saturdays, unlike the Valor that departed on Sundays. I've posted the ship's itinerary on Mason's blog.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Rose said...

It is very hard to post from the cruise ship's computers - and fairly expensive too. You don't have any of your usual blogging tools, and you don't even realize it until you try - unless you take a laptop, I guess.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

He bought a laptop on his last cruise. I figure that should make it easier to type stuff up and then just send out all the e-mails at once, thus saving online time. Or so I would think.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Had to post an update. I was wrong about the ship's itinerary. Where did I get the idea it went further south?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home