Sunday, February 06, 2011

I was wondering what became of him.

Now I know.

Stan Schmidt was an Arcata Police Officer years ago. I knew him from back when I went through the College of the Redwoods Police Academy in '84. He taught classes there, usually involving weapons use. I'd wondered every now and then what became of him as I knew he must have retired.

Lo and behold, while checking out the January 2011 edition of the Gardening Gazzette (pdf file) I found a short piece about him at the bottom of the page. He was a life long hobby gardener. A big time gardener, it sounds like. I had no idea.

4 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous skippy said...

Stan and his wife have been frequent visitors to the Food for People Food Bank picking up commodity items voluntarily for their McKinleyville community food pantry. Stan also works hard in their large church garden providing food for those that need it.

Stan is The Man.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew stan well as an officer. Great guy. Great cop. I am surprised he is still in HC. So many retired LE have left the county and state.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stan is the man. Very involved in good works in McK town. His garden at Grace Good Shepard is outstanding.

Just a damn good man.



dots connected

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Tom Chapman said...

Stan taught me how to grow artichokes when he was my Field Training Officer nearly twenty years ago. I still have the three plants he gave me and they are thriving. He is a wonderful man and continues to contribute to the community.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home