Monday, January 24, 2011

Mouse Business

Ok. This 3 or so year old wireless mouse is driving us nuts. It seems to be using up batteries faster and faster. I'm thinking maybe the "sleeper" function that shuts off power when it's not in use (assuming it had one) stopped working.

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse that both use the same receiver. I don't want to replace the keyboard. My question is whether all Logitech equipment uses the same frequency for the receiver? If so, I could just buy another Logitech wireless mouse like this one and hopefully it will work with the receiver we already have?

Anybody know?

Oh, and yes, I realize most on the new receivers just fit into usb ports, but I only have two ports on my system right now, along with a usb hub. The four on the front of the tower don't work.

Update: Never mind. I found something on the Logitech site about this. Looks like there's a number of different compatibility issues. Not sure what I'll do.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get rechargeable batteries and a charger. 12-15 dollars forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home