Thursday, January 06, 2011

Dump Those Stupid Christmas Trees

Yes, it's past time to get rid of those damned Christmas trees. As is usually the case, you can dump your trees for free at a few places around the county. What had me worried is the Times- Standard didn't list Eureka City Garbage as being among those places.

I called and asked and City Garbage, aka Humboldt Waste Management Authority, is accepting trees for free until January 16. Good news for me as I usually take my customer's trees in for free while they're still accepting them and have one in my truck as I write this. Didn't want to get stuck paying to get rid of one as I did a few years back.

Other places accepting trees- since they didn't post this notice online- are:

They didn't list that green waste place outside of Arcata, but I would think they might be.

Eel River Disposal in Fortuna until January 16.

Pacific Lumber green waste site in Scotia all year.

Greenleaf Green Waste dump site in Scotia all year.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a burn permit, live in the county, and will burn my tree on a scheduled burn day.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Arcata Garbage is not taking them. My neighbor put his out and they left it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home