Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The SquiresES

Boy, they sure told me. I've ragged twice on the Times- Standard for their last two stories on the Squires lawsuit. They keep referring to them as Squireses, at least in the title. I kept commenting that it's Squires. Then Ryan Burns replied, and Kimberly Wear e-mailed me, that SquiresES is the plural of Squires, since the lawsuit involves both Floyd and Beth.

Ok. Fine. Still, I think it looks wrong and I suppose you could argue that they're actually a single entity since they're both being equally sued, aren't they? It's not like one or the other will be judged against and the other not held liable.

Whatever.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Kristabel said...

I just don't think a man who consistently uses the phrase "could of" should even worry about it, Fred.

xoxox

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

Well... If the name was Squires, two of them would be Squireses, then the houses that they owned would be the Squireseses.

And, some people make fun of sheep! One sheep, two sheep, it belongs to the sheep, all the same. We should all be more like sheep.

It's always been my theory that if what you said is understood enough for somebody to correct, you have already made yourself clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home