Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Best Frozen Burrito


I've been on a never ending quest for a decent frozen burrito. Sure, nothing like a freshly made one, but frozen ones are nice for a convenient lunch or snack. The problem is all the ones I've tried seem tasteless and dry. I've yet to find anything that I'd want to eat more than once or twice, until now.

A couple months ago I noticed these El Monterey burritos in the Winco deli section while looking for something for lunch. I wanted something quick, easy and filling. Since they weren't frozen, I figured I could pop them in the microwave and have a quick meal of them.

They were pretty good for a packaged burrito. I didn't realize at the time they were just thawed frozen burritos. I figured they probably bought them freshly packaged and hoped to sell them before they went bad. I went to buy some yesterday and they were frozen, with ice still clinging to the package. They must have just come out of the freezer. That's when I realized I'd found the best frozen burrito.

I'm not saying they're as good as a Taco Bell 7 Layer or a super veggie burrito from Speedy Taco, but they're good enough and inexpensive enough to make them a regular lunch treat at 98 cents each. Not sure why these seem so much better than the others I've tried. Maybe you need to thaw them out before cooking them?

Funny thing is, their web site has a search thing where you can find the nearest place to buy them and they say the XX Large ones, the kind Winco sells, aren't available here.

Anyone have any other good candidates for best frozen burrito?

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy's- Beans, rice, cheddar cheese, organic. Costco, about the same price, maybe cheaper.10g protein.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home