Tuesday, June 07, 2011

What Is Your Emergency?

LinkThe Times- Standard reports 9-1-1 operators are seeing increases in non- emergency type calls. Those of you making those calls, stop doing that, although I suppose I've been guilty of doing the same thing.

I can think of at least once I probably should have not bothered calling. I called in to report some guy riding his skateboard out in the middle of E Street during the 4 to 5pm rush hour. The dispatcher sounded a bit annoyed by my call. No one ever showed up to check it out.

But I have to wonder just what the 9-1-1 operators are supposed to handle sometimes? I can't for the life of me remember the issue but I know I didn't think it was an emergency as I spent considerable time trying to find the Eureka P.D. business number in the phone book. It takes time for me to do that as the print is so small it's hard for me to read.

I finally find the number and make the call. After describing the issue to the gal at the other end, she patches me through to the 9-1-1 operator. Hmmm???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home