Saturday, July 30, 2011

Don's Rent All Closed Sundays

Called up Don's Rent All in Eureka a couple Sundays ago to rent something only to find them closed. Who'da thunk? I would think Sundays would be a big day for a place that rents equipment to homeowners who need things on the weekend?

I was in there today to rent a hedge trimmer and I had to ask why they started closing on Sundays. I was told it was the first time in 50 years. They closed for Sundays over the winter. When they opened on Sundays again, they found they made more money when they were closed. Bummer, for me, at least a couple of weeks ago when I needed to rent something.


As an aside, I was a bit confused by their web site at first. One banner somewhere on the site said they were open 7 days a week. The other said only Monday through Saturday. I e-mailed them and mentioned the discrepancy. Looks like they've corrected it now.

Good to see at least one business that pays attention to their e-mail. I've seen a few that seem to ignore it.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More than once I've been disappointed when taking visiting friends and relatives on a sight-seeing / shopping walk through Old Town. A favored shop featuring locally made goods was always closed! I suggested to the owner that he's losing a lot of tourist dollars by being closed on summer Sundays. Long story short, his religious views prevented him from being open. The store has since closed (and is closed before the onset of Bush's depression).

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Right Left Center said...

Irregardless of political affiliation, anybody who is concerned about Sunday closings and future legislation requiring Sunday closings (blue laws) should read this book.

http://www.reg6.com/

It's about a 60 pages long, not long, but most compelling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home