Monday, October 24, 2011

Antich Automotive Does E-Mail

Thought I'd give a plug to Eureka's Antich Automotive since they respond so quickly to e-mail. That may not seem like such a big deal but I've noticed many businesses with web sites can take days or weeks to respond to an e-mail, assuming they respond at all.

I've had more than one local business simply not respond to e-mail inquiries I've made. I've always felt if some business isn't going to respond to e-mail (and they need to be honest with themselves about that) they shouldn't include an e-mail address on their web site. That may turn web site visitors off but it's better than having them send an e-mail and not get a response.

In this case I was already on their e-mail list. I get notices to bring my truck in for service regularly. I've been happy in dealing with them so decided to get an estimate on replacing the front axles on the wife's Geo Metro.

I sent an e-mail to them late Saturday morning. Within five minutes I received a reply from the guy's blackberry saying he wasn't in the office and that he'd give me a price on Monday morning. Lo and behold, it wasn't even 8am this morning when I received another e-mail with the estimate.

That's what I call prompt and efficient service, at least as far as e-mail goes. Nicely done, Antich Auto!

8 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anything Fred doesn't blog about?

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Yep. Abortion being one. The Jewish/ Palestinian question being another. I'm sure I could come up with some more.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Oh, and I generally avoid land use issues like the County General Plan Update.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Decline to State said...

I've been taking my cars to Antich Automotive for years now. I can't beat their level of competence nor their low prices anywhere else. They richly deserve your plug.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

nor their low prices

I paid over $500.00 last time I had my truck worked on there. A lot more than I'd planned but I realize such work costs money and it might well have cost the same, maybe more, anywhere else.

I was surprised that the estimate they gave me this morning was within $5.00 of the estimate a "discount place" gave me a little less than a year ago. For the same job they said $365.00 vs. $360.00 the other place estimated.

I'll go with Antich if only because I feel more comfortable dealing with them.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antich is the best in every way. Good job Fred.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous skippy said...

Antich Auto is also a consistent supporter of Public Television station KEET-TV during their live auctions. They help keep KEET and its programming on the air for everyone.

To note, the next KEET auction is Nov 7-10 and 14-17, from 7-11 pm.

Antich will ususally have about 5 gift certificates available per night. I don't remember exactly how much, but they'e usually around $30-50 each in value. The winning bids (during a lull) to secure them might come to 1/4 of that amount. In short, up to 75% off of that $30-50. You're also supporting both the business and public television together. It's almost like sweepstakes, Fred.

When the auction nears, you can locate and find the times of the Antich Auto gift certificates and other stuff here.

Antich Auto has my support, as does KEET TV.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Enterprise Car Sales said...

It's a pretty big pet peeve of mine when businesses don't answer e-mails; I think it's pretty careless. Many folks nowadays prefer to e-mail instead of making a call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home