Monday, February 06, 2012

Liberty Is Now Free!

I used to subscribe to Liberty Magazine some years ago and always looked forward to the next issue. They changed their publishing schedule at one point, if memory serves me, from once a month to once every two months. Or was it the other way around?

Eventually, I dropped my subscription, mostly because I just didn't feel like paying for it when it was about to expire. Then I noticed they started a web page and you could read some, but not all, of their articles online. You had to pay for full access.

I just visited the site a few days ago wondering what it cost for subscribing to the hard copy. I couldn't find any rates. It looks like the magazine is available only online now. No charge, although they give you the option of donating.

It does go against the current trend of publishers charging for online content. Is that a good or bad thing? For readers, maybe good. For the Liberty magazine, maybe not? I think I'd feel better if they were still charging.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only Fred had could find the freedom that he seeks.

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous avion radiocommande said...

Hey, Its a great news. The famous liberty magazine is now free. Really good to hear that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home