Thursday, February 23, 2012

Refusing Polce Searches

Nice piece in the Huffington Post on why you should always refuse requests by police to search you or your property.

I used to watch those cop reality shows fairly often: Cops, Real Stories of the Highway Patrol, and such. I became appalled at how often cops asked to search people or their vehicles, usually without cause. I was also amazed that most people gave them permission.

I told myself some time ago I'll refuse any search requests, despite being generally friendly towards police. If nothing else, if they have no reason to suspect me of anything, they shouldn't have any reason to ask. Fortunately I haven't had the opportunity to say No as I haven't been stopped by police in as long as I can remember.

Kudos to Radley Balko for the link.

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you can remember? Ahh, yes, that's the perfect response under oath. Well, I don't recall doing it. I have no recollection. It didn't happen as far as I can remember.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Did I write it wrong, or do you not read well?

All I wrote was I can't remember the last time I was stopped by police. It might have been 20 or so years ago when we were heading to Yreka and I was stopped by CHP for not having a current vehicle registration tag. No, he didn't ask to search our car, but that was back then.

Maybe I'm reading your comment wrong?

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Henchman Of Justice" says,

When a person does nothing wrong, but for only being a political threat or nuisance, law enforcement will try to set-you-up..... so, the proof provided by pudding muck rakers IS

that no matter what, don't even talk to a law enforcement official except for the basics allowed for by constitutional law....after those 3-4 answers (name, birthdate, residence......=identification type questions to prove whom the parety is being engaged by law enforcement). When they threaten you under physical pain and going to jail, don't take the bait, for they may just take you regardless if you say anything or not - remember political agendas follow no rules, period!

The worst thing a citizen can do is engage in dialect without a recording device to document or having your own eye witnesses for testimonials, for without these two critical components, the police report will be fabricated to an extent......the situation breeds whether the fabrication is a "lightweight pudding packing fudge brownie" or "a jack hammer-it-home-prison-gang-style initiation"....especially when the "we out number you game" begins during first responder syndrome.....all to fake public employment needs to create a more expansive police state through picking social winners and losers based upon insider political agendas to cede more and more power away from the common person.......did I mention false police reports getting fraudulantly filed that includes booking processes that constitutionally need to be wiped free scott clean.....Mr. DA, time to expose your corrupt copper toppers......if ya have any integrity and principles!

HOJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home