Sunday, May 13, 2012

Open The Debates Petition

You can sign this online petition to open the presidential debates to more than just the Reps and Dems. They're hoping to get a million or more signatures to convince the Commission on Presidential Debates, or whatever it's called, to allow more than just two candidates into the debates.

I'm a bit skeptical of online petitions in the first place. This one is really weird in that all they ask for is your name and e-mail address. Not only that, but there's no tally on how many others have signed or any information on who it is that's responsible for the petition. Still, I signed it a few days ago and I haven't noticed any increase in spam so no harm done.


2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Online petitions are as effective as a phart in a hurricane except for resulting an a spamalanche into your in box.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Maybe so, but I haven't received any more spam than usual since I added my name to the petition. In fact, no new spam. Just the same stuff I get all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home