Friday, June 28, 2013

Livestock Antibiotic Overuse

I rarely agree with Senator Dianne Feinstein on anything but you won't find me arguing against her effort to limit the use of antibiotics in livestock. I'm not so sure we need to make a literal federal case out of this...or maybe we do?

I've actually been thinking about this fairly often lately. It bothers me that animals are routinely given antibiotics as a prophylactic measure. This not only is believed to lead to diseases resistant to antibiotics, but I don't really like the idea of eating meats full of antibiotics.

I realize most science nowadays seems based on some sort of hysteria, but it seems common sense to me you don't use antibiotics unless really necessary and the bill in question still allows use of antibiotics to treat disease. I'd be interested in hearing arguments against Feisntein's proposal.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Henchman Of Justice" says,

Feinstein needs to just DIE from cancer already as the treasonist two party backstabber she is,

HOJ

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Travis said...

This is why there are so many antibiotic resistant flues and viruses now everyone uses antibiotics like there candy but I think the bigger concern is growth hormones and the GMO crops they use as feed in studies rats that are feed GMO developed all kinds of problems just Google pics of rats feed GMOs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home