Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Like the bold lettering?

Whad'ya think about these posts being done in bold lettering? I like it.

I changed the resolution on my screen yesterday after more than a year of fighting it. Blame it on Yahoo and Google Mail- the new, improved Mail, I should have wrote. It was fine before they improved it.

I switched to Google mail after Yahoo kept bugging me to change my screen resolution to better use their upcoming mail improvements. Then Google followed suit. When the two of them finally did their supposed upgrade it made both systems hard to use without increasing the resolution. Yesterday afternoon I finally switched from 600x800 to whatever the next resolution was. As expected, I didn't like the results.

Yahoo and Google Mail does work better. That is good, but it was even harder to read some things off and online. So, I spent an hour or so going through screen and browser options and preferences, adjusting to larger fonts when I could. That helped on some things but not on others.

Then I came here to make a post and had trouble reading my own posts. Not sure if it was just me or the actual screen resolution. That's when it struck me it would be more readable if I used bold text. I tried it and it works, at least for me.

Anybody not like the bold lettering? Not that I'll likely switch back. Just thought I'd ask.

4 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

A comment left by an Anonymous that showed up in my inbox but never showed up here. Don't know if it's always the same guy but this happens fairly often:

Wait until the new Google Maps comes out of beta. When you plot a route to your destination, the route is highlighted with great contrast, but every single road and road name is virtually unreadable at any zoom factor. I assume it's more readable on smart phones. Google seems to be remaking all of its services with smart phones in mind; desktop users be damned.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Google seems to be remaking all of its services with smart phones in mind; desktop users be damned.

You may be right. Smart phones could be the big marketing focus now.

The other day I tried to enter a drawing I saw advertised on a food label. I first entered it on my cellphone using a text message. I didn't want to burn up more time entering a drawing so I tried entering the next morning using this computer. Got a message on their web site saying the web site didn't support the "mobile application" I was using. For cellphones only, I guess.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Julie Timmons said...

I have to embolden every post on my blog. The regular type is just too faint. So you won't hear any complaints from me!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Aegipan said...

No, I do not like the bold lettering but whatever floats your boat, ya know? Nor do I enjoy your blog exactly either sir but that is a subjective if not reflective point of view seeing as I do read it now and again, mainly for amusement of course. At least I know what the libertarian(s) of this community think I suppose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home