Saturday, November 09, 2013

Dump Daylight Savings Time?

I've finally decided we should. I've gone back and forth over the issue of changing the time here before but I haven't gotten along well with it this time at all. It's been almost a week now and I'm still not used to it. 

Our tom cat, Stinker, still wakes me up at the old time so, despite trying to sleep in to the new 5:30am to get used to it, he climbs up on me wanting me to feed him at what is now 4am. Night is no better. I try to stay up at least until the new 9pm but find myself dozing off just after 8.

It makes no sense, as this Atlantic Wire rant points out. When you really think about it, if some person or business needs to change their schedule to accommodate daylight, they can always change their schedule- instead of having hours of 9 to 5, change your hours from 8 to 4. They don't need to change everybody else's time to do that. 

Wonder what it would take to get rid of Daylight Savings Time? This is one of those rare things I'd appreciate California taking the lead on and hope the other 47 states would follow.  

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Rusty Iron said...

Totally agree. Always feel like my chains being jerked, for who's benefit?

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw Time! It all just IS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home