Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Commercial Marijuana Developments

Reason magazine looks at legal developments in Washington State over medical and recreational marijuana. Patient registration is involved, along with limits on growing. Pretty soon this sort of thing will be coming to all states that loosen up marijuana laws.

Some of you might think I'd be bothered by this sort of government mischief, but I'm not. It should come as no surprise. I almost find it amusing.

I'm reminded of an article I read in a Canadian newspaper years ago where the writers made the case for keeping marijuana in the black market: No bureaucratic hassles and high quality product available 24/7. All that gone with legal, regulated marijuana. 

I think they're right, since the black market will remain viable, especially as government gets more and more involved in the legal market.

Not sure why I should even care as I haven't smoked pot for decades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home