Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Celebrity Name Game Question

I don't know that I'd consider myself a TV game show fan at all, but I love watching the Celebrity Name Game. Anybody else? 

They always have two lower level celebrities on the show. The wife and I have been wondering for some time how much those celebrities get paid? Hundreds, or thousands, of dollars per show? I looked this morning to see if I could find the answer online. No luck, although I did find a forum where someone asked the same question. No one answered.

So I broke down and went to the Celebrity Name Game Facebook page, Liked it, and asked the question there. Certainly someone there should know? No reply to my question as of yet. :-(

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger MOLA:42 said...

If they are "lower level" celebrities, then I would assume they get the Screen Actors Guild minimal fee; I think these days around three or four hundred dollars.

I've never seen the show but I assume it's seen as an opportunity to get better name recognition and a chance to enter the vaunted ranks of the "medium level" celebrities.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

By "low level" I just mean ones I might not recognize, although every now and then I do. The gal that played Leonard's short term girlfriend, Stephanie, on Big Bang Theory being one.

You think just a few hundred dollars, huh? Could be. I am surprised how enthusiastic both the celebrities and regular contestants are in playing the game. They all seem to really enjoy it, regardless of what they might get paid.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger MOLA:42 said...

A lot of folks work very hard to keep their names and faces in the public view.

This is true of many other shows... like the Tonight and David Letterman Shows where they too pay SAG minimum for appearances.

Sometimes the "facetime" is worth much more than the paycheck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home