Thursday, July 16, 2015

Gorgeous(?) Sunny Skies

It kinda bugs me when I read headlines like in today's Mad River Union. They make it read as if it's a good thing we've got warm temperatures and sunny skies in the forecast for the next few days. 

 "Another day In Paradise... Humboldt is going to be ridiculously beautiful for the next several days."

I guess I'd rather have it warmer than cold... or would I? It sucks when it's hot and you have to work outside. It can also make it hard to sleep at night.

My main issue is most of us would like to see some rain, even though that's rare in summer here. Another example is that Channel 3 weather guy, Torrance Gaucher- not sure if that's how the name is spelled.

When he first showed up some months ago, he gives the forecast of gorgeous sunny skies with a big smile on his face. As if that's a good thing. Except the wife and I were thinking it's not. We needed rain, and he's acting as if that's not even an issue. He seemed out of touch. 

Someone might have said something to him. He still gives the impression of looking forward to sunny skies and high temps. He just doesn't smile as much when he says it anymore.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

The skies this time of year are sure beautiful. Gottta admit that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home