Friday, October 07, 2016

Upset Over Nursing Home Closures

A writer to the Times- Standard is upset about the nursing home closures slated for the county. I don't blame her as it must be a frightening situation for those who depend on those homes.

By coincidence, I was chatting with a customer's daughter yesterday. She was telling me how she is paying something like $9000.00 a month to take care of her mother in her own home now. She told me her mother would be moved to a care home today.

I had to ask if she was worried about finding a place for her mother with all the nursing home closures. She pointed out the place she had picked was a private care home and not under the control of the company shutting down all the other homes.

A private care home? I hadn't thought of that. I guess there are some options for at least some of these folks although I'm sure there aren't enough private homes to take over the entire caseload.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A private care home probably wouldn't be covered on their insurance,most have med-cal or Medicare. They're several in our area, prices vary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home