Tuesday, January 17, 2017

More On Life Lock

Interesting comment from that web site that looked at Life Lock. Beware:

Two days ago in reviewing my credit card statement I found a charge for $17.99 from LifeLock Advantage. I never engaged this company. I called them to inquire how on earth they had gotten my credit card number and they would give me no information. They told me they were unable to look up the transaction by the reference number. They asked for the last four digits of my Social Security number, which I did not give them.
I then called my credit card company and told them it was a fraudulent transaction. There were no other fraudulent transactions on my account. H owever, LifeLock had attempted to post another $17.99 transaction which my CC company declined because some number submitted was incorrect. I canceled the card and they are issuing me a new one.
It is extremely disturbing that is supposed identity theft protection company engaged in this fraudulent billing and would give me absolutely no information about it.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it wasn't really LifeLock that posted the transaction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home