Saturday, January 14, 2017

Find Anyone?

The Sacramento Bee asks if this site, Family Tree Now, makes it too easy to find someone. It does seem to work and, unlike similar sites, didn't ask me for money to complete the search. Searching for myself, it listed places I've lived all the way back to when I lived on Beechwood Drive in Cutten. Also had the wife listed as a relative, but didn't have my brother and sister. Might be a fun thing to play around with but many seem concerned, such as the girl quoted:

“I have a stalker, and my ... address and phone number are listed on this site,” one wrote. “It is a danger to many in society. As if i didn’t have difficulty sleeping before! Doors double locked. Thanks family tree ... this might be the last thing i ever say.

I appreciate her concerns but am not sure what to say to those who might want such sites made illegal. It does seem to me in this day and age if someone wants to find you, there's more than enough ways to do it. One web site might make it easier, but I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference. After all, all these sites do is compile information that's available elsewhere.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article126534709.html#storylink=cpy

4 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i tried a few family members i know details about . werks good. have not tried background check on them to see if that works or is free

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is worse than creepy. I hope they at least delete the house numbers if nothing else.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Search Obama, Kenya, origin of birth......Oops, debunked.🐒

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous BGG said...

Totally lame, don't even mention my brother yet they list my long dead Mother and Father....fail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home