Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hospital Grades

Stumbled on to this hospital grading web site on another libertarian oriented blog. Here's the results for the hospitals within 50 miles of zip code 95501. For some reason that hospital in Fortuna is left out.

I suppose such things are nice to know, but I'm not sure I put that much value on ratings like this. If a certain hospital regularly got Fs, that might be cause for concern. I just seems to me, shit happens in hospitals and you can't always cover all the bases.

I spent some time last year in St. Joseph's. My personal annoyance with some things at St. Joes aside, it seemed a fine hospital to me.

4 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting link. You might change the distance from 95501 to 200 miles and see how Medford, Ashland,and Redding compare with the hospitals here.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I was trying to see how UCSF Moffit and Long hospitals scored. Entered them by name and came up blank.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 'grade' looks to be based on self-reported and/or mandated-to-be-reported data. The grading is overly-simplistic because we can't see much about each category of reporting, but the data is surely 'out there' on other sites.

I don't know how you judge a hospital if not by its patient outcomes. It's the only thing that matters to me.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Bay Area hospitals try using ZIP code 94103 which is downtown S.F.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home