Friday, May 13, 2005

Ferndale's Wastewater Woes

I'll admit to not having followed the subject closely, if much at all, but I always wonder about the fines they level on communities for not having "proper" wastewater disposal methods, as Ferndale is being threatened with. Seems to me it's a case of biting off your nose to spite your face to hammer a town with a fine when the necessary fix costs a considerable amount of money in itself. Fortunately, it looks like, from the story, that using the money to help fix the problem instead of being paid simply as a fine is not without precedent, although it sounds like it doesn't happen often enough. Let's wish Ferndale the best of luck on this.

Seems to me I read something about Loleta having some wastewater treatment problem as well, but I don't remember the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home