Saturday, June 25, 2005

Meetings

A couple local meetings that I might actually try and make time for:

Tuesday, the Taxpayer's League Board of Directors is going to present their complaints that led to the lawsuit against the developers and the Redevelopment Advisory Board to the Eureka City Council at noon. Should be interesting. I'd like to see what the complaints consist of. Specifically, who they claimed was "harmed" and thus required a lawsuit be filed. Not sure if I'll be able to fit that one in my schedule. I imagine the local papers will cover it, though.

Next, Larry Henderson, a past president of the Taxpayer's League, has called a special meeting of the rank and file on July 7 to discuss opposition to the lawsuit. The e-mail he sent out announcing the meeting actually made the Times Standard in the same article that mentioned the City Council meeting. It listed the names of all the members that signed an electronic petition opposing the lawsuit, which included me. Once again, my name in the paper- I'm famous!

I've only been to one Taxpayer's League meeting in the three or so years I've been involved with them. I guess I'm just not a meeting person. I might try and make an exception to that, this time, so I'll see if my schedule will adjust itself to go to this one.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what tangled webs get weaved when old and/or rich people gather to complain about government.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Could the same be said when young people gather to praise government?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home