Friday, August 19, 2005

Mckinleyville Gets New Marshes

Neat idea what Mckinleyville is doing to help treat wastewater: Creating some marshes to not only help filter wastewater but to increase the capacity of their wastewater treatment facility as well.

I'll admit I know next to nothing about Eureka's wastewater treatment facilities and procedures. I think it would be kind of neat if they could incorporate some such thing into our waste treatment operatons. Maybe they could use the Palco Marsh for something like that? I don't know. The Mckinleyville marshes will be mostly plants, as opposed to open water like the Arcata Marsh. I'd certainly prefer the open water marsh. Wonder if that's feasible, or even desirable, for the Palco Marsh.

I do know people have been commenting and/ or complaining about the Palco Marsh for years, and it usually is an eyesore with what looks like stagnant water with all kinds of trash in it. Something should be done. It's might be a bit far from Eureka's current wastewater treatment facility, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home