Sunday, January 29, 2006

Talking Tech

Poor Bob; Everyone forgot to include his blog in that North Coast Journal blog story the other day.

Bob Morse is the owner/ operator of Humguide, the unique internet directory of Humboldt County web sites. I say unique because I have yet to find a county directory as all inclusive as the one he set up. Sure, most counties have some sort of web directory, but most of them are limited to government, businesses, or both. Humguide includes personal web pages, blogs, and everything else. As long as it's based in Humboldt, or at least relevant to Humboldt, it can be listed in Humguide.

So Kudos to Bob for Humguide and be sure and visit his Talking Tech blog. He even blogged on the Balloon TracT vs. TracK fray, so it's not strictly all tech stuff. What I especially like about his blog is the calendar he has in the upper right frame. It has the dates where he's posted entries highlighted so you can see at a glance how current the posts are and just click on the dates for whatever posts you want to read. Well done, Bob! I don't know why I didn't do it when I first bumped into your blog but I've got it on my blog list now.
*********************
Speaking of county directories, a word of warning: Del Norte has an all inclusive web directory, crescentcity95531.com. Owned and operated by foggycoast.com, apparently, it has a few links I haven't found elsewhere. Be sure and have your anti- virus software updated and working when you go there, though. Last time I went there, and possibly even the time before that if memory serves me correct, I encountered a Trojan Horse virus when I tried to go to the forum they provide.

I don't know if it was some hacker that found me and tried to stuff a virus onto my hard drive, but I use a firewall so felt that unlikely. I e-mailed foggycoast both times I encountered the virus and never heard from them so I can't help but wonder if that directory was semi- abandoned and then hijacked. Beware!

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words,Fred

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger J. Alora said...

I have many fond memories of HumGuide. I was an employee at Northcoast Internet for many years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home