Monday, June 26, 2006

A Free Internet Post

This post is being made at UCSF on one of those free internet deals. They have a couple of iMacs here, one in the food court and the one I'm using just outside the technology store. They have these things set up where anyone can just walk up and play with them.

Main problems I have is you have to stand to use it and it makes it difficult to type. I'm also not familiar with macs so last time I used this I couldn't figure out how to get back to the desktop after checking my e-mail.

Hope nobody's got a keystroke logger on this thing. They'll be able to hack my blog. Oh well, nothing happened last time I used this.

Maybe I'll make a real post later tonight after we're outta here. Later.

6 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

They have free access at the Eureka library as well - with chairs.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

By the way, re you hanging out at UCSF - I hope everything's okay.

On your way out of the city if you want a great inexpensive meal visit the Mandalay on California, near 5th or 6th Avenue. I strongly recomend the Mandalay Smoked Pork dish, and also the spicy green beans. Everyting is great there, and it has been voted the best meal for the money in the city on several occasions. Parking can be a problem at peak times though.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, you can help your security by clearing the browser cache whenever you use a public terminal.

Enjoy reading your weblog sometimes from Switzerland - grew up in the area ;).

Kind regards,
Narration

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanks, Eric. Everything's fine in regards to UCSF. Quite Frankly, as far as eating anywhere near SF, we generally get on 19th Ave, as soon as we get done and head north as fast as we can.

Thanks for the tip, Narr. I'll have to figure out how to do that with a Mac next time I'm down there.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

That's why I suggested the Mandalay. It's just a few blocks off of, not 19th, but whatever the street is on the other side of the park on the way to the bridge. Park Presidio?

Anyway, sometime when you have the time. Even if Asian food isn't your thing - this place is remarkable.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our best to you and your wife, fred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home