Thursday, August 03, 2006

Farmer's Markets

These Farmer's Markets that start up in the summertime seem like fun, but they still drive me nuts, at least the one in Henderson Center, Eureka. I forget all about the fact it's Thursday until I go to do something in Henderson Center and the parking places are all filled up.

I'll admit to not having much experience with the Farmer's Markets, only having walked through the Henderson Center one once a few years ago. It is kinda fun seeing what's for sale, but the prices seemed a bit high for my pocketbook.

I also wonder why some of the vendors bother with it? You see farmers from up in Willow Creek and Hoopa selling their warm weather crops. How can they break even with taking a whole day to drive down here and back? I would think it would be tough enough to sell enough produce to pay just for the gas they use.

How do these guys make any money?

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever not in a grumpy mood?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home