Thursday, December 14, 2006

Humboldt's Budget Is "County Friendly"...

...at least according to Humboldt County Administrative Officer, Loretta Nickolaus. She gave a budget update to the Humboldt Taxpayer's League yesterday. This, despite the county not being able to pass the countywide sales tax increase, Measure L, however long ago that was.

I don't know if this proves me right or wrong.

Back during the Measure L campaign, I suggested that, even if Measure L did pass, within a year or two we'd still be hearing from the local special interests just how badly they're suffering.

But Measure L didn't pass. So can I still claim I was right since this budget looks like the rosiest picture for the county in some years, according to Nickolaus?

I don't know that I'd go that far but, suffice it to say, the end of the world didn't come to pass with the failure of Measure L. I was right in that regard, at least for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home