Sunday, December 24, 2006

I guess I'm not the only one...

wondering about this tree on the west side of 101 down by the Avenue of the Giants. Every time I go by that tree I can't help but wonder if it's going to come crashing down on top of me.

Those quoted in the Times- Standard story do make a good point, though: It might well be no more of a danger than any of the other trees around it. After all, it's been leaning like that for longer than I've been alive.

Then again, you know what they say: Just cause you're paranoid...

3 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

I simply "hunker down" as drive past.

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My partner just pointed that tree out to me for the first time as we drove past it a couple of days ago. I think I'll always notice it now.

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, that tree has been like that since a big storm we had back in 2002 I think. Redway was out of power for a day and a half I believe. I do know it was the first year I lived here, so winter 2002.

It hasn't come down yet, not even in last winter's New Year's storm. I think it will come down in the middle of the summer, randomly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home