Sunday, May 13, 2007

Nothing In The News Today

Didn't see anything in the news I felt like commenting on today. Of course, last I looked, the Times- Standard hadn't been delivered yet. Maybe when I read the hard copy I'll find something that I didn't notice online.

Hey, why am I even mentioning this? I don't have to post something every day, do I?
********
Interesting editorial in the Sacramento Bee, though. They support early release from prison for non- violent offenders. I found the comments to the editorial even more interesting.

What hasn't been defined is just what non- violent offenders consist of. I wouldn't have a problem with it if was "offenders" in "victimless" crimes, but burglars and such?

It also isn't brought up in the editorial that many, if not most, convicts don't serve their whole sentence as it is. One could argue we already have early release, of sorts.

As always, if asked for a login to the Bee web site, use humboldtlib as the username and blogspot as the password.

5 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Heraldo Riviera said...

I don't have to post something every day, do I?

No, just most days.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heraldo - does someone pay you to post no matter how irrelevant and mindless your post is?

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing to talk about? How about that Buhne is gone and so abruptly I might add. Not that he is your primary concern but I am bumming and my regular net surfing is quite discombobulated as a result. So I come to Fred's for some sympathy and you have nothing to say... Sheesh...

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am heart-sick and missing Buhne. This isn't quite cutting it.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"So I come to Fred's for some sympathy and you have nothing to say... Sheesh...".

Sorry, but I've said before that I try my best to not post on issues that everyone else is posting on. Call it deliberately ignoring it, if you want, but I figure there'll be more than enough said on other blogs regarding Buhne on the other blogs.

Doesn't mean I might not comment on those same issues on someone else's blog, though. I just try not to focus on the issue(s) here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home