Monday, June 11, 2007

Adding Video To Online News

I was a bit disappointed when I read this story in the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat. From the title,Video catches SR robbery, beating, I expected a video clip of the robbery to be included. Hey, everybody likes real life videos of intense or scary events, don't we?

But, nope. No video. All they do is mention the video was "released". I'll assume that meant to local T.V. stations and newspapers. I wonder how hard it would be to add the video to the P-D web site?

YouTube is free, isn't it? I'm sure we've all seen news web sites that provide video clips. I know the CNN site regularly has videos available.

Just something for local news sites to consider.

Besides, some crooks turn themselves in when they find out their picture's been plastered all over the place. If even more people had access to the bad guy's picture through online videos, it might get a few more tips to law enforcement or even get a few more of the bad guys to turn themselves in.

I'm sure our local news web sites will get right on it and give KIEM T.V. a run for their money.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, Fred! I always wonder why the TV news - and usually the papers, too, don't show the pictures of the suspect. The Bay Area news always does. Video is even better when they have it. But then, without competition, the Channel 3 news has evaporated into nothingness. 25 minutes of weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home