Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stancliff's Cheap Shot?

I agree with this guy in regards Dave Stancliff's recent column in the Times- Standard. I can't find the column online but Stancliff spent his entire effort in a thinly veiled attack on John McCain.

He started out saying something along the line of not having a problem with McCain, but...then uses his entire column to suggest McCain isn't competent to be president because he probably suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, as does Stancliff. He can't prove it but just suggests it as a subtle way to hurt McCain.

Keep in mind I'm no McCain fan. I wouldn't have had any problem with Stancliff saying he's an Obama fan and wouldn't vote for McCain because of the reasons he outlined in his column. But to try and suggest he doesn't have anything against McCain and then spend so much time tearing him down seems like a cheap shot to me.

3 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

I don't have a problem with McCain either, I just think that he'll be an awful president.

If Michael Wood, the retired Navy guy from Fortuna, has a problem with "draft dodgers" then I'm sure that he wouldn't have voted for Bush and Cheney, right?

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a problem with carson park ranger either, I just think he'll be an awful blogmeister.

As President, McCain will be fine. The nation could probably even survive an Obama presidency, just so long as he gets off this kick of threatening to invade our nuclear allies (Pakistan, for example.) Obama may yet realize that one nuclear war can ruin a whole presidency.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I have read Mr. Wood's extreme letters before. He appears rather angry in his letters.

I appreciate Standcliff's honesty and his ability to write about it. PTSD can occur from many traumatic situations: suriviving war, natural disasters, sexual abuse, and the list goes on and on. I appreciate that it is even talked about, since it wasn't too long ago that survivors were told, "Just get over it."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home