Monday, October 06, 2008

Eureka Home Tour

I didn't really pay attention to earlier announcements that the Eureka Heritage Society was going to hold their annual Home Tour yesterday. Didn't notice it was being held until the day before when I saw a sign across the street at the Matteoli's house. I think this was the first year their house was included.

I was surprised at how many people showed up for this event. I'd never thought much about it before but I figured maybe 100 or so might show up for something like this. I wouldn't have been surprised if there were more like 3-500 people that checked out the Matteoli's house.

Seemed like a pretty upscale crowd, too. Almost got the feeling that many of them came right after church, from the clothes they were wearing. I'm sure some might have done just that, but for the most part I think it was just the kind of event where people dress up just a bit. I also have to realize those kind of clothes are what most people wear to any kind of social event and I'm always under dressed- sweat pants, or holy jeans and a t- shirt being my usual attire.

Anyway, fun watching all the people come and go and, for those interested, the old car out front is a 1932 Packard 904 that was parked there for the duration of the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home